Maybe you’re a natural redhead expecting a brood of flaming children, or your fiery temperament has earned you the nickname “Red.”
Regardless of the situation, we’ve covered you if you’re seeking a baby name that matches the flame! We offer some sizzling possibilities for boys, girls, and gender-neutral names.
The color red has inspired boys’ and girls’ names for centuries. Red has various connotations in contemporary society, including love, fire, flowers, diamonds, and even the planet Mars.
Consider Ruby or Sienna if you wish to name your daughter after the color associated with love and passion. Red has a long history of use in male names and titles, particularly for valiant Vikings and noble rulers.
Consider the Irish name Rory, which means “Red King,” or the Roman-inspired name Titan for your future prince.
Check out our list of popular girls, boys, and unisex names below. With so many synonyms for red, you are certain to find the ideal shade.
Names That Mean Red
- Akako: This is a lovely girl’s name that means crimson. The name translates to the color red. Furthermore, it is highly prevalent in Japanese cultures.
- Alhambra: Choose Alhambra if you are looking for a name that implies crimson and is exceedingly uncommon. This name has its origins in Spain. And in Spanish, the name means “Red City.”
- Arusha: If you are searching for a Hindu Mythology-related name, you will encounter Arusha.
- Blaze: Without Blaze, the discussion on girls’ names that indicate red would be incomplete. This is a great name with its fire!
- Carmine: As anticipated, this name symbolizes brilliant crimson. It has Italian roots. In addition, the name modernized the list of girl names that indicate red.
Girl Names That Mean Red
- Clancy: Clancy has Irish ancestry. The name means warrior with red hair. Possibly because of this, girls with this name are constantly fiery and prepared.
- Crimson: Crimson is another gorgeous name for a baby girl. This means a deep, dark red.
- Cherry: Do you wish to offer your daughter a playful moniker? Without cherry, the collection of words connected with the color red would be incomplete.
- Flanna: Do you have a baby girl with red hair? If so, you should consider the name Flanna for her.
- Flannery: Many people assume that Flannery was derived from Flanna. Indeed, this also signifies red.
- Garnet: Does the name Garnet sound like pomegranates? No one knows which was discovered first. Garnet is a lovely red gemstone.
- Ginger: Ginger, of English origin, is a fairly popular name. Redhead is a common nickname for girls with red hair.
- Hazel: Numerous individuals are unaware that Hazel implies red. And if you are searching for its genuine meaning, it also refers to various trees native to the United Kingdom.
- Keira: Keira is derived from the name Clara. It translates to the tiny red one.
- Omaira: Numerous Omairas can be found throughout the annals of Arabic civilization. The name signifies “red or long life.”
Also Read: CUTE GALAXY NAMES FOR PETS
Boy Names That Mean Red
- Adam: This is the first man’s name according to the Bible. Additionally, the name means “son of the crimson earth.” The name’s popularity waned somewhat over time. However, a revival occurred in the 1960s.
- Corcoran: Are you familiar with the name Corcoran? This is an Irish name, and its meaning is “ruddy-faced.” Again, it is among those names associated with the color red that you seek.
- Derry: Do you know that the heart of the name Derry is red? Ultimately, it refers to a red oak tree.
- Flanagan: This is one of the most elegant English names that means red or reddish. Many individuals assume a name is a form of Finn or Flynn. This is a family of Irish names meaning “red.”
- Flann: As previously stated, numerous Irish names signify red or ruddy. Flann is a pleasant name used as a nickname for males with red hair.
- Gough: Gough Whitlam, the former Australian prime minister, brought the name Gough to prominence.
- Harkin: The sound of Harkin may bring to think the regal Hawk! However, this is an ancient Gaelic name that means crimson.
Red Names For Twins
If you’ve been blessed with twins, consider naming them with complementing names that symbolize red, such as:
- Adam and Alroy
- Jasper and Garnet
- Rose and Poppy
- Alani and Annie
- Keegan and Rooney
- Sienna and Sorrell
- Cherry and Hazel
- Ruby and Coral
In the event of twins, it can be difficult to predict the gender. Check out both lists of female names that signify red and boy names that mean red, then combine as you see fit.
Read More: UNIQUE AND BEST LOXODON NAMES
Unisex Names That Mean Red
- Rudyard: Rudyard is a traditional and original English name. This signifies a red enclosure.
- Rufus: Does the sound of Rufus ring a bell? Many people think this to be a name for small dogs.
- Rusty: Exciting is the name, Rusty. It translates as “Bright Red.”
- Rumo: Cornish names are renowned for their chirpiness. And Red is the meaning of the name Rumo.
- Russell: Russell has French ancestry. The name signifies fox-colored or redheaded.
- Sorrel: The origin of the name Sorrel is French. In addition, it denotes a hue of reddish-brown. This is a sensitive name that any parent would find distinctive.
- Titian: This is a lovely name with the meaning “red-haired.” The name has a very Roman sound. The Romans influenced it.
Related Post: BEST SPORTS TEAM NAMES
Looking For Red Names That Work As A Pair?
- Adam and Autumn
- Cherry and Hazel
- Keegan and Rooney
- Carmine and Crimson
- Radcliff and Raleigh
- Jasper and Garnet
1. What Is A Good Name For Something Red?
Rose is a globally renowned name! It is the equivalent of a flower or a red flower. The word’s origin is Latin, which means “red blossom.”
2. What Japanese Names Mean Red?
Akane. The Japanese word for deep crimson is Akane.
3. What does Name Mean, Blood Red?
Adame is a hematic Hebrew girl’s name. This unique given name means “blood red.”
4. What Name Means Red Flower?
Flora. This name derives from the Latin word flos, which means “flower.”