There is only one language that is the language of the universe— that language is love. What names can feel more wholesome than love itself? Love is our very being so why not choose girls’ and boys’ names that mean love?
A man who practices the mysteries of love will be in contact not with a reflection, but with truth itself. To know this blessing of human nature, one can find no better helper than a name that means love.
Love means sharing and the English word is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Sobha’ which means greed.
How complicated isn’t it? Well, one has to dig deep in matters related to love and especially in those that mean love.
We have researched some of the most adorable girls’ and boys’ names that mean love to save you from the hassle of exploring the depths.
Girl Names That Mean Love
Love is always something that is nurturing and isn’t that what femininity is? It is kind, empathetic, sentient, compassionate, and nurturing. Keeping this virtue in mind we have made a list of feminine or girl names that mean love.
- Ridhima– It is a girl name that signifies “spring of love” or “full of love”. It is a Hindu name.
- Venus- In Roman mythology, Venus is regarded as the goddess of love and mother of Cupid who himself is the god of love.
- Sneha- Coming from Hindu origin, this name is inspired by the Sanskrit word “Sneh” which means love.
- Anurakti- This name originated from the Sanskrit word ‘Anurakt’ which means compassion, love, and devotion.
- Amanda- This is a popular Christian girl name that means lovable or the one who deserves to be loved.
- Anaitha- This is the name of the goddess of love who is a kindred spirit and messenger.
- Dina- Dinah or Dina is a Hindu feminine name that means love
- Lira- It is a popular girl name having different meanings in various origins. In Latin this name means balance but in Muslim and Arabic, it means to love.
- Ankolika- It is a Bengali name that means devoted lover, emotional and caring, and an embrace.
- Liba-This is a girl name often used by Muslims. It is of Hebrew origin and it means beloved.
Also Read About: Names That Mean Hope And Faith
Baby Names Meaning Love And Happiness
How does it feel when a baby holds its mother’s finger for the very first time? That surreal moment ought to be an experience full of pure, raw, and unconditional love.
What if I told you I have prepared a list of baby names that could convene that moment in one name that means love?
- Carwyn– It is a masculine name of Welsh origin that signifies love, blessed, and fairness. Its feminine version is Carwen.
- Erasmus- This is a boy name of Greek origin that means desired and loved.
- Hathor- In Egyptian mythology, Hathor is the goddess of love. She is represented as a female identity associated with motherhood.
- Teresa- It is a noble and religious name that is of Spanish, Greek, and Portuguese origin, it means selfless compassion or love.
- Freyja- In Norse mythology, Freyja is the goddess of love, fertility, and beauty. This name also means a noble woman which is a virtue of this deity of Norse folklore.
- Eros– Pertaining to Theogony Eros was the son of Chaos, the prime nothingness of the universe but in later Greek tradition he is the son of Aphrodite and the Greek God of love and beauty.
- Aphrodite- It is the name of the Greek goddess of love. She is also identified as Venus.
Boy Names That Mean Love
We have prepared a list of unique boy names that mean love, just have a look.
- Fida- It is a masculine name of Arabic origin that means redemption and love. This name is often used by Muslims.
- Sarvin- In Indian origin Sarvin is considered to be the god of love.
- Philip- This boy’s name is of Greek origin and it means dear, loved, and lover of horses.
- Hrithik- This name is inspired by a Sanskrit word that means heart.
- Anas- this boy’s name is of Islamic origin that represents love and affection.
- Snehil- This name is a masculine version of the feminine name ‘Sneha’ which means love.
- Hiyam- This name is of Arabic origin and is popular among Muslims. It is a masculine name that means passionate love.
- Varish- Varish is the form of lord Vishnu, the trinity in Hindu religion and god of love, peace, and one who sustains life.
- Ajan- This is a boy name of Indian origin and is generally used by Hindus. It means unborn and love of Vishnu.
Girl Names That Mean Love And Strength
Love keeps you alive and strength sustains life and combining both in a name would be a meaningful matching set.
- Rose- Inspired by the flower rose is a metaphor for love with thorns is a name that means love and strength.
- Philomena- It is the name of a worshiped martyr saint that means love and strength or powerful love.
- Filomeno- It is an Italian masculine name that means love and strength inspired by the name Philomena.
- Valerie- Pertaining to Latin and French origin this name is a Czech variant that means strength and power.
Related Post: Names That Mean Hope And Faith
Girl Names That Mean Love And Peace
Love is the purest form of a soul at peace and we have a list of girl names that mean love and peace to absorb the aptness of this quote in your being.
- Lavender- This name is inspired by the flower lavender which symbolizes love and tranquility.
- Eirene- This name can also be spelled as Irene or Irini which means peace. Eirene is the Greek goddess of love and peace.
- Vishnu- In Indian classical literature and mythology Vishnu is the God of love and peace that sustains life.
- Lada- In Slavic mythology, Lada is regarded as the goddess and deity of love and peace.
Girl Names That Mean Love Of God
- Agabe- It is a female name of Greek origin. It is from the New Testament where the Greek word ‘agape’ means fatherly love of God.
- Herprit- This is a rare girl name that means ‘lover of God.
- Amadeo- It is a name that found its roots in Italian origin. It is a boy’s name that means ‘lover of God. This name can also be used as a middle name.
- Philia- Just like fear is the opposite of love, Philia is the opposite of phobia. This name is of archaic Greek origin and means the highest form of love.
- Saisnigda- This is a very rare name that is a combination of ‘sai’ and ‘Snigdha’ which means love of God.
- Theophilus- This name is of Greek origin and means ‘love of God or ‘friend of god’.
- Renesh- It is a unique Hindu name made up of two words ‘Ren’ and ‘Isha’ that in combination with ‘Renesh’ mean love of God.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a female name that means love?
Paloma is a female name that means a beautiful dove and the dove is a symbol of divine love.
2. What name means love and beauty?
Parvati is a girl name that means love and beauty. Parvati is the Hindu goddess of love, beauty, devotion, purity, and fertility.
3. What girl’s name means God’s love?
Abasiama is a name of Greek origin that means gods’ love or love of god.
4. What does name mean forever love?
Sarah is a feminine name of Hebrew origin that means “honeysuckle” which is a flower that represents everlasting love.
Love is not just a part of life but the whole and without it, one’s soul becomes barren and unnourished. In this article, we have a list of girl names, boy names, and baby names that mean love, peace, strength, and love of God.
Read More: Names That Mean Dark For Boys and Girls