It is said that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Lay the foundation for a great life for your child by giving them a name that defines beauty. Choose an option from this list of beautiful meaningful baby names, and your little one will be given the most meaningful and impactful life.
The meaning of pretty or pretty is one that appeals to many parents with young girls, and what would a baby girl love more than a name that denotes beauty? But there are also boy names with the connotation of handsome or handsome, qualities that are appreciated in both genders. Here are some names for boys and girls that mean beautiful.
Pretty Names That Mean Beautiful
- Astrid. Originates from Scandinavian. It means “divinely beautiful”. Astrid is derived from the name Ástríðr, which is made up of Old Norse elements meaning “god” and “beautiful”.
- Arabella. Originates from Latin. It means “submit to prayer”. Arabella was first used as a name in the 12th century with the birth of Arabella de Leuchars, granddaughter of the Lion William, King of Scotland. It is derived from the Latin mirabilis, from which Arabella derives its meaning.
- Beau. Originates from France. It means “beautiful”. Beau suggests someone devilishly handsome, with a southern charm.
- Calliope. Originates from a name from Greek mythology. It means “beautiful voice” Calliope is the name of the muse of the epic – and also the instrument of the carousel. Bold and creative, that wouldn’t be the easiest name for a girl without such qualities.
- Ingrid. Originates from Norway. It means “fair; Ing is beautiful”.
- Bonnie. Originates from Scotland. It means “beautiful, cheerful”. Bonnie is a word the Scots actually use for beautiful, hence the origin of the name, the French word bonne.
- Mika. originated in Japan. It means “beautiful perfume”. Mika is a Japanese female name that can be easily translated into English. As a male given name, it is an abbreviated form of Mikael, the Scandinavian and Finnish form of Michael. Both are written and pronounced the same.
- Alina. Originates from Slavi. It means “bright, beautiful”. Alina is one of the world’s most popular variations on the classical Helen, widely used in Poland and Russia, and also heard in Celtic and Germanic cultures, as well as in the United States.
- Kenneth. Originates from Scotland and Ireland. It means “born of fire, beautiful”. The first king of Scotland was Kenneth, and Sir Kenneth, a Christian warrior, is the hero of Sir Walter Scott’s novel The Talisman.
- Zayn. Originates from Arabic. It means “beauty, grace”. Zayn rose to popularity thanks to former One Direction member Zayn Malik. The name can also be spelled Zain; the female version is Zayna or Zaina.
- Rumi. Originated in Japan. It means “beauty, versatility, lapis lazuli”. Rumi is a Japanese girl’s name.
- Cosima. Originates from Feminine Cosmo variant in Italy, Greece. It means “order, beauty”. Cosima, an elegant and unusual name the British elite prefer for their daughters.
- Belle. Originates from Abbreviated form of Isabelle or French. It means “splendid”. Belle has only positive associations, from “belle du bal” to “belle of the south” to the heroine of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Alana. Originates from Feminization of Alan, Irish; variant of Ilana, Hebrew; Gaelic; Hawaiians. It means “beautiful, stone; oak; child; awakening”.
- Bella. Originates from Tiny Isabella, Italy. It means “splendid”. Bella is derived from Isabella and other names with the suffix -bella. While Isabella is a variant of Elizabeth and therefore means “God is my oath”, Bella is considered to mean “beautiful”. This is because Bella is related to the word “beautiful” in languages such as Spanish, Italian, Latin, Portuguese and Greek, as well as the name Belle, which means “beautiful” in French.
Unique Girl Names That Mean Beauty
1. Callie. Originated from Little Greece. It means “Beautiful”
2. Sena. Originated Korea; Hindi; Arabic; Africans. It means “beauty or grace of this world; host; praise; bring heaven to earth”. Sena is one of the lesser-known names in the Western world because it is simple and easy to understand.
3. Calla. Originated from Greece. It means “Beautiful”. Calla is a special and much more delicate lily name than Lily. Rarely heard today, it was on the popular list of the last decades of the 19th century.
4. Callista. Originated from Greece. It means “most beautiful”. Calista Flockhart sheds light on this adorable Greek name that has a long future in the English-speaking world.
5. Indra. Originated from Sanskrit. It means “beauty”. A striking and feminine ability associated with a modern hero – longtime Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
6.Sonali. Originated from Sanskrit. It means “beautiful color”. Mainly used in Bengal and Bangladesh, today Sonali is considered to mean “gold”.
7.Mei. Originated from China and Hawaii. It means “splendid”. Homonyms with Mae and May, beautiful Mei is (literally) on her way up the charts.
8.Keeva. Originated from Irish, spelling Caoimhe. It means “soft, beautiful, precious”.
9 .Zaina. Originated from Arabic. It means “beauty, grace”. Zaina is the simplified form of Zaynab, the name of Muhammad’s eldest daughter.
10. Mirabella. Originated from the Italian variant of Mirabelle. It means “great”. The short-lived magazine edited by former Vogue director Grace Mirabella banned the handsome name for a while, but now it’s perfectly fitting to join Bella’s fashionable clothes. More special than Isabella.
11. Anahi. Originated from Spain or Tupi; could also be a derivative of Anais. This charming and sweet cosmopolitan name is somewhat popular in the United States.
12 . Arinya. Originated from Thailand. It means “beautiful, intelligent woman”. This name has it all – looks, brains, charm and a cosmopolitan sound that can go anywhere.
13. Alana. Originated from Variation of Alana. It means “beautiful, cheerful”. Adding n makes it feel less like feminization of Alan and more like a name.
Also Read About: Names That Mean Miracle For Your Little Baby
Baby Names That Mean Beauty
- Adin. came up with a fancy nickname for Aodhan, Aiden, and Aidan. It has several meanings including fascinating and eternal happiness. In some cultures, this genderless name translates as a leader. It also mentions Adin in the Bible, who returned from exile after decades of captivity in Babylon.
- Bayle. The name Bayle is a gendered nickname of English origin. It is a variation of the name Bailey.
- Bellamy is a unisex name. It consists of two Latin words: bellus, which means beautiful, and amicus, which means you.
- Delwyn. The name Delwyn has a Welsh influence. It means “beautiful and white”.
- Eirian is a Welsh surname. This fluent nickname translates as “glamorous and brilliant.”
- Hiromi. Generous beauty. This is Hiromi’s definition. This unisex first name is of Japanese origin.
- Kitoko transmits beauty. It is a great choice for a boy or a girl. Pronounced KIYTOWKow, this nickname is of African origin.
- Kumi is a cute clone of Japanese origin. Relatives in Australia, Canada, Finland, Ghana, Hong Kong, South Africa and New Zealand prefer the name.
- Mekanani means ‘beautiful eyes’. This melodious Hawaiian name is very suitable for a man or a woman.
- Memphis is a wonderful name derived from an Egyptian word illustrating “permanent beauty”. In addition, this gender-changing nickname comes from the name of a city in ancient Egypt and also Tennessee.
- Namilani is a unique Hawaiian unisex name. This lovely name means “beautiful paradise”.
- Nohea is another Hawaiian name with a sweet sound. Variations of this nickname include Naha and Nohe.
- Noy. Rhythm equals the word joy, Noy has an undeniable charm. This adorable unisex nickname is of Hebrew origin.
- Oregon is a Native American name. It comes from the word Algonquin for beauty (wauregan).
- Quetzal is a rare androgynous name. The Aztec nickname was inspired by a bird covered in beautiful plumage. Quetzal also refers to the bird and the national currency of Guatemala.
- Rumi is a Japanese proper name. He is also of Indian descent. The liquid nickname became popular after parents, Beyonce and Jay-Z, named their twins Rumi.
- Yoshie. “Beautiful, fragrant and virtuous” is Yoshie’s definition. Nicknames originating from Japan can be used for both boys and girls.
- Yu.- Yu Jie means “charming and pure” in Chinese. The name can be used by both men and women and sometimes has a hyphen between Yu and Jie.
- Zuri is a sweet name for a boy or girl. The name is of Kiswahili origin.
Boy Names That Mean Handsome Or Beautiful
1.Hassan. Derived from Arabic. It means “beautiful”. Hassan is one of the most familiar choices in Arabic, and also has an intriguing meaning.
2. Rupin. Originated from Sanskrit. It means “beautiful”. Rupin is one of those names that is virtually unknown in the Western world but is easily translated because it sounds so familiar – parts Rupert, Robin and Reuben. A nice choice.
3.Nohea. Originated from Hawaii. It means “beautiful”. Any name that means beautiful has something to do with it, and Nohea can be particularly appealing due to its proximity to the famous Noah’s Ark.
4.Ayu. Originated from Africa, Yoruba. It means “joy”.Rhythmic and atypical.
5.Bello. Originated from Italy. It means “beautiful, beautiful”.Bello is as beautiful as Bella, but little heard outside the Italian community. With an energetic ‘o’ ending, it might be ripe for export.
6.Argider. Originated from Basque. It means “beautiful light”. Argider is a boy name commonly used in the Basque-speaking regions of Spain.
7.Usain. Originated from Arabic, possibly a variant of Hussein. It means “Beautiful”.There will likely be plenty of small names after the world’s fastest man, Jamaican Olympic track and field athlete Usain Bolt.
Related Post: Ultimate Baby Names That Mean Rebirth
Gender Neutral Names Meaning Beautiful
1.Keely. A Gaelic word from the Irish language means beautiful and graceful.
2. Kiley. It means “smart and beautiful”.
3.Memphis. It means beautiful and durable. It’s a Latin word.
Baby Names That Mean ‘Beautiful’ And ‘Pretty’
1.Hazen– is a Dutch nickname, meaning “sweet and lovely”. Gender-neutral names favor boys more than girls.
2. Minehle- is a nickname of African origin. From the Zulu, mini, and her words, Minenhle means “a good, beautiful, or lovely day.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What names mean eternal beauty?
Azeen (Arabic) This stunning name means eternal beauty. It is a name for a girl.
2. What does the name mean for bright beauty?
Clarabelle is a name that means, In Latin name for bright and beautiful.
3. What name means beautiful in French?
Belle is a French-origin name that means ‘beautiful’.
4. What Japanese name means beauty?
Michiko. Meaning ”beautiful” and “child” is a name of Japanese origin.
5. What name means pretty eyes?
Kumi Kumi is a name of Japanese origin. Also, Mekanani, means ‘beautiful eyes.
Read More: Beautiful Baby Names That Mean Life